The perfect combination for coffee time
Updated: Aug 24, 2020
Story and recipes of coffee
is a cocktail consisting of hot coffee, Irish whiskey, and sugar, stirred, and topped with cream. The coffee is drunk through the cream.
Joe Sheridan had the right idea when he first combined a robust Irish whiskey with rich black coffee to create the Irish coffee cocktail in 1942. This hot drink has long been a favorite in Irish pubs with a popularity that may rival a great stout (as tough as that may be).
Despite some common shortcuts, a great Irish coffee is not as simple as adding a shot of whiskey to a cup of coffee. No, this is a well-planned, carefully constructed coffee drink that should be mixed with the care of any modern latte or cappuccino. That said, it is actually quite easy!
Follow the recipe and you'll discover why this classic is considered one of the best cocktails of all time. It is a steaming cup of sweet goodness that you will crave on a chilly evening and want to share with everyone you know.
4 ounces coffee (strong, rich; brewed, hot)
1 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 ounce heavy cream (lightly whipped)
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Place the brown sugar into a warm Irish coffee glass, mug, or other heat-proof glass.
3. Add the coffee and stir until dissolved.
4. Add the Irish whiskey and stir again.
5. Float he lightly whipped heavy cream on top by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
6. Do not stir again. Instead, drink the coffee through the cream.
Enjoy delicious Irish coffee!!!!!
References: The spruce eats